Happy Birthday to me! 75 today. In honor of that 3/4 of a century, here are 7.5 of my favorite fashion tips. You didn't really think there would be 75, did you? These are especially formulated for those of us who aren't getting any younger, although a good tip is a good tip whenever.
1) Learn how to divert, distract, disengage. Fool the eye. Make it look someplace else. See #2.
2) Harness the Power of Accessories. Layers soften. A scarf, a really interesting necklace can be your focal point. Accessories can stretch your wardrobe, are a quick pick-me-up and don't have to break the bank. Though if you've always wanted a Hermes scarf, this would be the time.
3) Feet don't fail me now! Without 'em you literally are going nowhere. Forget silly shoes that may be gorgeous but are killing you. There are plenty of high-styled flats wedges, slipons and lace-ups. Avoid anything that resemble Oxfords like the plague.
4) Wear pantyhose again if your legs look better with them than without. You just might start a new trend.
5) Turtlenecks don't fool anyone. If you like them, and it's cold where you live, fine. But a turtleneck is not going to help you feel any less bad about your neck.
6) Be easier on yourself. Accept that you have spent XX years on this wonderful planet. See #7.
7) Dress for who you are and the life you lead today. They say when men look in a mirror they always see themselves at whatever age they thought they looked best. You are smarter than that. The trick is to realize every year is your best.
7.5) Drink more water. Not exactly a fashion tip, but drinking water is good for you and they say will give you a trimmer figure.