Sunday, September 10, 2017

What's Old is New Again, Again

Stuart Weitzman @ $575-$598
H&M @ $39.99
 
Flying off the shelves from your local Stuart Weitzman to your neighborhood H&M is the pointy-toe-skinny-heel ankle boot of many, many seasons ago. If you're lucky (like me) and have a big closet* to house your shoes, you may even have a pair or two stashed away.

*About that closet— I think it was meant to be a linen closet, but I don't have that many sheets.

Pointy toes have been rather looked down upon in recent years. Now they're back. There is no rhyme or reason for this shift in favor. I've seen it happen over and over, and I'm always taken by surprise. This year especially is seeing a record number of Greatest Hits from Times Gone By.

I'm happy to trot out the pointy toes for my trotters to enjoy. My opinion is they make my feet look more like a ballerina's. You may think yours look more like those of the Wicked Witch of the East. This is fashion, where beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and the beholden.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, this turnabout in fashion made me laugh as well - no need to buy new ones when I have perfectly good fall booties tucked away from about oh - 6 years ago! Didn't take long for them to come back in favour, did it?

    ReplyDelete