Sunday, September 30, 2018

Madame Predicts: Turn Up the Volume

Balmain

Though I've quipped and quibbled in posts past about the crazy notion of multiple layers and football player shoulders, it's fair to say I think this is where we are heading—volume. It's also camouflage and protective layers. I have not a doubt in the world that this is in response to a primal need to dig deep and burrow, the polar opposite of reveal and flaunt. Could a thing like fashion possibly be influenced by politics and world order? Oh please, this is the real reason I loved history. Early on I saw the connection.

See
http://allwaysinfashion.blogspot.com/2016/08/years-of-fashion-part-one.html
http://allwaysinfashion.blogspot.com/2016/09/years-of-fashion-part-two.html
http://allwaysinfashion.blogspot.com/2016/10/80-years-of-fashion-part-three.html
http://allwaysinfashion.blogspot.com/2016/10/years-of-fashion-part-four.html
 
Too bad I couldn't form the same bond with math.

We expect New York Fashion Week to give us an idea what we may be wearing as we expect what's shown (or reasonable versions thereof) to be in the stores. We give London Fashion Week a bit more leeway, as I think there is a lingering question where it falls. The Brits were never known as Fashionistas, but then everything went global. Paris would be disappointing if it didn't seem far out. This time (Spring 2019) the Paris shows have struck a nerve and their outrageous does not seem that impossible. Be prepared.

Loewe
Celine
Dies Van Noten
Balmain

It wasn't all volume, but there were still signs of belted repression and hidden identities:

Ann Demeulemeester

Nevertheless I see plenty to love without giving up on society entirely. This dress is dreamy, though I would ditch the belt-worn-as-necklace and go for some sandals instead of boots. I already have a straw bag.

Loewe

3 comments:

  1. You are writing some Amazing tips. This article really helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing this blog.

    Sympli clothing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative and useful historical post. I see you have a lot of other cool stuff available at your website, simply bookmarking it to check in spare time. Thanks and keep the good work up.

    Sympli Travel Wear

    ReplyDelete