Friday, October 5, 2018

Dress Like Florence...for $9.99


I'm still on a high after seeing Florence and the Machine in concert last Sunday. I've written about Florence before. You can find it here:
http://allwaysinfashion.blogspot.com/2016/05/women-we-love-florence-welch.html

 
Florence has been a muse of Gucci for several years, and the brand's Bohemian style suits her. That night she performed in a dreamy chiffon Gucci dress. Florence twirled and danced on and off the stage (barefoot); it was no surprise to see raw skin on her knee and smudges of blood on the dress. Not missing a beat, she said, "You know it's a good night when you get blood on a Gucci dress!"

  
The latest H&M collaboration was unveiled today.  No, it's not with Gucci, but this textured chiffon blouse reminded me of Florence. Amazingly it's only $9.99!

H&M has partnered with Morris & Company. The British wallpaper and fabrics brand was started by William Morris and some fellow pre-Raphaelites in 1861. The style was known as Arts and Crafts; Morris' intricate nature-inspired patterns surely influenced Art Nouveau.

Although the firm officially closed in 1940, the designs are still popular. Liberty of London, custodian of the archive, worked with H&M to create the collection. I would suggest you get to your nearest H&M fast, because it won't last. Everything is wearable; the quality is decent, the prices are fair, and there is that incredible $9.99 blouse.


I really think Florence would wear this, maybe on a non-Gucci day. Certainly you could too.

4 comments:

  1. Is it me? Or are clothes so f'ing ugly that no one has words to describe what is happening?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain. You really, really have to pick and choose these days. But stay strong; there are still some lovely things out there.

      Delete
  2. Your blog is incredible. I am actually delighted to read this post that carries a lot of helpful information. Your content is very useful to understand and now I also get the concept of comments in WordPress. Thanks for sharing with me.Great post. I have been commenting a lot on several blogs lately, but I hadn’t thought about my approach before you brought it up. I’m going to refine my strategy now that I’ve read this. And yeah, I am definitely sharing this on Facebook and Twitter, too. Thanks! best facebook liker best facebook auto liker

    ReplyDelete