Friday, November 8, 2019

Woops! I Did It Again


We've all heard the expression, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Well, shame on me because I did it again—ordered another piece of cute apparel from China selling for an unbelievably low price.

See here for the first debacle: https://allwaysinfashion.blogspot.com/2018/12/caveat-emptor.html

Why did I let that happen after vowing never to do it again? It rains a lot here in Houston. I'm always on the lookout for rain gear that is long enough, not too heavy and most of all stylish. Trench coats are out; I'm just not a fan.

This popped up on my Instagram feed from a store called Miracle228:


I want look exactly like her! From the jaunty scarf to the perfect leggings and waterproof slip-ons to the cunning juoosh of the sleeves. I wear my watch on my left hand. Otherwise that could be me, if only I had that raincoat!

Of course I knew it was from China. Of course I was wary, but then I saw this:


All the  buzzwords—Satisfaction Guarantee, 100% Money Refund, Shipping 3-10 days within 6 hours, FedEx Private Line (no idea what that even is) and all the symbols for Guaranteed Safe Checkout. What could possibly go wrong???

It was only $28.99 plus shipping, which came to a total of $34.98. I must have been feeling flush that day, because even as I pushed the button I was thinking, If it's really terrible I'll just keep it in the car as a spare.

I was willing to blow $35 on a bad choice, but I truly expected to have a raincoat. That was October 6. Miracle 228 took my money right away. On October 19 they sent an email with a tracking number that has never ever worked. I've written them twice asking where or where is my raincoat. Crickets.

In a week or so I will have to call Mastercard and hope I don't get the same representative I dealt with for the last China scam. This time I mean it though.

And wouldn't you know? It's raining today.






















3 comments:

  1. Oh, dear! Caveat emptor indeed! Those clothes in the pop-ups and plug-ins are NEVER as nice as they show - I see so many of these horrible plastic-based fabric clothes in the thrift stores now, as the bad purchases get donated. The sizing is terrible, the quality is awful, and they feel nasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should paste your comment on my desktop and re-read it if I am EVER tempted again!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete