Saturday, April 25, 2020

Coming to a Summer Near You? Socks with Sandals

 
With most of us missing months of pedicure appointments, I wonder if the new trend this summer will be socks and sandals.

This has been touted before, many times, and has never caught on. It has either cried "trying too hard" or looked too 1940s. Many trends have no reason for being, of course, but wearing socks with your sandals now Fulfills a Need.

Miami, 1940

Lest you think I am just a prima donna and can't do my own toes, I really can't. They are so gnarly that, well, let me spare you the details. For years I would never even wear sandals until a wonderful nails person assured me she had seen it all and not to worry. So, yes, I get pedicures. And can now wear sandals.

The always-stylish Eva Chen

But now is then, if you know what I mean. It's finally sandal weather in Texas. Okay, it's always sandal weather even when it isn't. Texas women will put on a winter coat before they change out of sandals. It's not necessary to ask forgiveness these days. It's more a case of self-pride. Even I don't want to look at my unkempt toenails.

Maybe...
Maybe not

Of course, these might be a new trend altogether...


3 comments:

  1. Ack! What on earth are those orange things?? I have tried the socks and sandals thing, but it just is one of those things that works in theory for me, but not in practicality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are some kind of latex foot covering that cost $28. I didn't want to read any further! And I am truly on the fence about a look that up until now I hated! But if it's a choice between sandals and socks or no sandals, I just might. Thanks again for your comment!

      Delete
  2. I love socks and happily wear them with an assortment of different shoes and sandals. Living in Blighty there is also the fact of keeping my toes warm through all seasons!

    ReplyDelete