Sunday, January 4, 2015

Toe Show or No Show?

Garrance Dore's peekaboo Zara flats

The other day I complimented a friend on the lovely pair of ballet flats she was wearing. She said she liked them because of the color. I said I liked them because of the cleavage. I realize my favorite shoes have been the ones with toe cleavage. That's not every pair either. The vamp has to be cut low enough for little cracks of toe to peek through.

I figured I liked the look because it was the only natural cleavage I ever had. In researching this post I found that toe cleavage can be quite a fetish, part of the wide world of foot fetishes. Some of the visuals were a bit unsettling.

I came across a shoe manufacturer's discussion whether their new line should have cleavage or not. There was some question whether toe cleavage was in questionable taste, like the peep-toe. They opted for not.

I didn't mean to travel down this road. I thought toe cleavage simply made shoes look a bit more fun. Perhaps it's the illusion that one is light on one's feet and only a step away from flying off like Tinkerbell.

Will my cleavage send the wrong message, and if it does, what message is that?


1 comment:

  1. Haha never thought of it this way, but yes, I love them exactly this way!
    Who cares about the message... :) It's all about style!
    x Nina
    trendsurvivor.com

    ReplyDelete