Sunday, November 30, 2014

Jump Start


Turning a sleeveless dress into a jumper is a trick that's been around forever. A black turtleneck never earned its keep better than this look. I might have switched to black opaque tights though.


The pussycat bow on this blouse helps further unify the two pieces, in this case a faux three pieces. Good job.

The other day shopping I came home with one lonely purchase. By the time I arrived it seemed desperation might have been doing the buying. I didn't need another blouse, but it had looked nice under the jacket I wore that day.

Lonely blouse sat around in its plastic bag for quite a while. I couldn't see another trip to the mall anytime soon. Do the words "black" and "Friday" also bring terror to your soul? So I played around with it instead and came up with 4 more ways to wear this quite attractive blouse (that came out of living in a bag for two weeks with nary a wrinkle).

Blouse from H&M
And as a jumper again

It's much too nice a day to stay inside playing dress-up on Blossom Dearie all afternoon, but you get the idea. And, yes, I am fortunate enough to have found a Wolf Dress Form Model 1951 in my exact size. She's called Blossom Dearie in homage to the artfully named cabaret singer and in tribute to a silent but important character in "I Capture the Castle", Miss Blossom. Honk if you've read the book.

The dear Miss Dearie

4 comments:

  1. Honk, honk! It's a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Infinite honking. I have loved I Capture the Castle since I was 12 years old (a long time ago) and can practically recite the book by heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too... I might have been 11. Found it in the attic of an old house having an estate sale. I read it again every year or so. Have you seen the film? Not quite as good but not bad either. Who wouldn't love Bill Nighy as the father?

      Delete
  3. I love the cold weather. Gives me a lot of options when it comes to fashion.

    By the way do you want to follow each other?

    Kindly leave a comment on my blog and I'll instantly follow you back.

    Thanks much dear! :) -
    Korean Online Shopping

    ReplyDelete