| That gal is... |
I'm a pro at bypassing those Facebook "reels" that pepper my feed. They are rabbit holes I prefer not to fall into. However I was stopped cold by this Iris-Apfel-look-alike model. I know she is not Iris (who passed away at age 102 in 2024). But who is she? I love her! Why? No matter how old I get (and this cat gets more Old Deuteronomy every day) I believe fashion is for everyone no matter her age, and I love to see that played out on the street, on runways and now in my Facebook feed.
| Rainer, Chris, Lauritz |
"That gal" is Chris Spenner. She is the wife of Rainer Spenner and the mother of Lauritz Spenner who are Ono Koon, a German fashion brand "known for unconventional cuts, creative layered-look styles, and comfortable, loose-fitting women's clothing".
Translated from the company website: Our fashion emphasizes the unconventional, standing out with unique designs and cuts. At the same time, it is generous, comfortable, and infinitely versatile. This very combination is what our customers have valued for 25 years now.
Chris also posts "daily outfit inspirations", modeling and describing what she is wearing in, alas for me, German. But a picture, especially a moving one, is worth a thousand words.
| "Daily outfit inspiration" pep talk |
There are classic cuts but in unusual patterns and colorways. The fit is decidedly "comfortable" but not outlandishly oversize. It still requires some skill to pull off without looking silly.
What I like most, however, is the way Ono Koon shows the same look on two models, an anonymous younger blonde model and Chris Spenner, with a possible adjustment in styling adjustment and/or accessories.
| Same dress, two ways |
Sometimes more is better, and I do feel that way about slip dresses at my age. Consider yourself blessed if you are toned enough to pull them off. I just reached a point where I wasn't and feel more comfortable with something over them. A wispy jacket works as does this loose-knit sweater, which carefully follows the shape of the dress. The "fashion lessons" are never overt. It's just pretty obvious that Ono Koon also believes in Fashion For All. Unfortunately there are only a few stores in Germany, and they don't deliver to the United States.
When asked I describe my style as "Bohemian with sanity". I try not to wear things that stand out in a bad way. I'm too small a person to carry off huge statements, but I do like color and unusual color pairings, pattern mixing, oddball accessories. I let my hair go gray, keep it cut in a short pixie and love me a red lipstick. If ever I am mistaken for Chris Spenner on the streets of Houston, I will be very pleased indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment